If you think your company doesn’t need a Google Plus profile because you’re on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, think again. Posts you share on Google Plus are indexed by Google’s search engine, meaning that if you’re sharing content and posts about your company’s products or services, when someone searches on the topic, you are more likely to show up. And, if you’re looking to target influencers and audiences by segments and audience (and you should be!), Google Plus can help. Google Circles allow you to track what kind of content the people in your circles care about and then you can share relevant information via Google Communities.
Here are some simple steps to get started on Google Plus if you’re not already there.
- Create your company page Create your company profile, adding relevant photos and information so visitors can easily understand who you are and what you offer.
- Spread the word Have employees and partners on Google Plus add you to their circles and start sharing content.
- Connect across platforms Connect your Google Plus profile to your other social profiles (website, Twitter, Facebook, etc.). This will help drive traffic to your Google Plus page.
- Find relevant communities Search for communities that are relevant to you company. Listen to the conversations happening here.
- Share content Share content that is relevant to your community. Share a mix of company-generated content and industry news.
And after you get started, don’t give up. It takes time to build a presence and reap the rewards from any social platform. Map out three, six and 12 month goals for your Google Plus page. Maintain a consistent strategy and you’ll see the results.