Image Source: Terroirist
Just as no two snowflakes are the same, neither are Valentine’s Day celebrations. Valentine’s Day is a holiday that is revered or reviled and every emotion in between. However, one thing most of us can agree on is that the day calls for a spirited drink. From first dates to break ups, we at The Barn Group aim to take some of the guesswork out of pairing the right libation with however you choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year.
- First Date – Bold move planning a first date on Valentine’s Day. Avoid any awkwardness with Champagne or Prosecco. It’s an elegant way to start the evening, plus the conversation will flow like you’re on date number two.
- Trendy Restaurant Date – Dinner at a hot, new restaurant calls for ordering a wine with verve. Try a varietal that’s unique and up-and-coming like Carménère or Teroldego.
- Romantic Dinner at home – Light the candles, share a bowl of pasta à la Lady and the Tramp and sip a California Cabernet Sauvignon. Feel free to splurge on an older vintage – this big red wine gets better with age, just like your love.
- Tinder Date – Vodka – keep ‘em coming. And hope your “Like” doesn’t turn out to be a “Nope.”
- Girls Night – Chick flicks, candy hearts, and lots of banter. Pour a sweet Moscato and beware – no secret crush is safe.
- Anti-Valentine’s Day Party – Everyone dressed in black, this group doesn’t need love, they need good wine. Bring in the big guns with a Syrah full of high tannins and dark blackberry flavors.
- The Break Up – It’s a cruel thing to end a relationship on a day dedicated to love, but the pressure of Valentine’s Day can be too much for some couples. Gin and tonic, anyone? How about bourbon?
However you choose to celebrate – Happy Valentine’s Day!
Cheers from The Barn Group.